An important note for English-speaking readers!
The texts of Luke 21: 24 and Revelation 11: 2 use the Greek word ‘ethne’.
In the singular, it is a ‘ethnos‘.
In the plural, these are ‘ethne‘.
As an equivalent to the word ‘ethne’ the Latin word Gentiles means non-Jews. But this is an inaccurate value. Given that the prophecies of Jesus refer to the events of the New Testament era, it is necessary to accept that the contextual meaning of the word ‘ethne’ means nations, peoples and ethnic groups who did not devote their lives to the True God and His Son Jesus Christ. In other words, in the era of the New Testament they are non-Christians or not true Christians.
In the Russian language, there is a word that fully corresponds to the contextual meaning. This is the word “язычники” (ya’zichniki). It means pagans and nations, peoples and ethnic groups who did not devote their lives to the True God and His Son Jesus Christ; they are not the people of God, not Christians. But the online-translators translate it as “pagans”… So I replaced it with the word ‘Nations‘. I ask the reader to take into account this note and the context of the prophesies.
* * *
The all detected parallels (exact connections) between the quotes of Daniel 11:44-12:7 and Revelation 11:2-18 are:
1) The “time of the end” (Daniel) and “days of trampling of the Holy city by the Gentiles” (John) finish before the time of court of the dead, i.e. the resurrection (Daniel 12:2; Revelation 11:15-18).
2) The “time of the end” (Daniel) and “the times of trampling of Jerusalem by Gentiles” (John) finish before the supernatural retribution on the Nations for the trampling of God’s people (Daniel 11:44-12:1; Revelation 11:18).
3) In the “time of the end” (Daniel) and in the “time of the trampling of Jerusalem by the Gentiles” (John) enemies (Nations) are fighting in the same place – directly near the mountain of the most glorious sanctuary of the Jehovah’s Temple! (Daniel 11:44,45; Revelation 11:2)
4) Just as in the “time of the end” (Daniel), so in the “time of the trampling of Jerusalem by the Gentiles” (John), the Nations (or enemies of God’s people) have one goal — “trampling” (Rev. 11: 2) or “destruction” (Dan. 11:44) of God’s servants.
5) Just as in the “time of the end” in Daniel, so in the “time of the trampling of Jerusalem” in John, the murder of God’s servants by a powerful ruler of Nations is caused by fear and torment because of news coming from a Divine source (Revelation 11:7,10; Daniel 11:44)
6) Just as after the “time, times, and half-time” (Daniel) comes the “complete overthrow of the power of the Holy people” (Dan. 12:7), so after the “time of the trampling of Jerusalem by the Gentiles” (which has same duration) of John (Rev. 11:2,3; 12:6,14) events end in the same way — the death of the anointed servants of Jehovah and the victory of the powerful King of the Nations (Rev 11:7-10,13). This is the King whose final death will only occur as a result of supernatural intervention from above (Daniel 11:45, Revelation 11:18).
As you can see, there is no any interpretation or analogy with reality in the above analysis. It is not needed. The only thing we have achieved is Read More